We know you want to help!
Since we are entirely funded by community donations, and are a volunteer board, we count on our communities for their help. If you wish to raise funds for local families, please let us know and we can help you!
Watch for a major fundraiser coming in early 2023! It will be your chance to experience the BEST of the South Okanagan.
Thank you for thinking of Highway to Healing (H2H) to be the beneficiary of your fundraising activities. Community-led fundraisers are a significant part of building H2H’s annual funding.
A community-led fundraiser is an event, project, or sale organized by an individual, business, group, or organization with full or partial proceeds going to H2H. They are typically led by community members with little involvement from H2H. These types of fundraisers enable community members in Osoyoos, Oliver, and Okanagan Falls, to directly support H2H families in a creative and fun way.H2H gratefully accepts donations from community-led events of all sizes such as Facebook Birthday fundraisers, car washes, public music performances, or even silent and live auctions.
Planning Your Fundraiser – Your efforts are necessary for H2H’s mission to support children and their families who have to travel for medical care. When you choose to plan your own fundraiser, you get to build it just the way you want to incorporate your interests and use your creativity. It is a fun and empowering way to make a big difference in your community.
We want to help support you on your fundraiser. We can provide the following support and resources for your community-led fundraiser:
- the Highway to Healing logo to promote your fundraiser
- H2H donation banks
- a branded 10×10 event tent and pull up banner
- brochures outlining our services
- pledge forms
- online fundraising platform through Canada Helps (ask us more about this)
- a volunteer representative to attend your event or make a presentation about what H2H does
- a H2H representative for an official cheque presentation
Some promotional ideas for your event:
- post your fundraising initiative on your business and/or personal Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter tagging H2H in your posts
- submit press releases
- make use of posters
Please submit promotional material utilizing the H2H name and/or logo for approval prior to production or distribution.