How can H2H help?
Highway to Healing helps families in two ways: financial funding, and giving further information about other organizations whose services can also benefit families in times of need.
Highway to Healing funds families with children under 19 years of age who need medical treatment that is not available locally. This includes children who are still in the womb, as specialized treatment can be needed before the child is born.
What kind of things do we cover?
Highway to Healing’s financial funding is for travel expenses related to out-of-town trips to access medical care. These include, but are not limited to, expenses such as accommodation, gas, meals, and parking.
Where do I have to live?
To be eligible for financial funding from Highway to Healing, the child in need of medical treatment must reside in the Town of Oliver, Osoyoos, or OK Falls in British Columbia.
What is the Timeline?
It is one of the Society’s goals to provide assistance as quickly as possible after we are notified of a family’s need. The application process involves contacting a director and explaining your situation. The other directors will be contacted, and funding can be granted within 24 hours or less. Sometime after funding is received and your stress has been relieved, we can worry about paperwork.
Who do I call, or how do I apply?
Contact the Society or one of its directors by phone or email and provide basic information regarding your situation. We will move forward from there.
How can I give back?
- Visit this page to Donate Now. Don’t forget, we provide tax credits for each charitable donation
- Become an advisor to our Board of Directors, representing the towns of Osoyoos or OK Falls
- Purchase Highway to Healing branded wine glasses and T-shirts (cotton, navy blue, sizes S-XL)
- Watch out for our next fundraiser, and give us an extra hand by volunteering
- Provide feedback on our site, our service, or anything else. Please contact us